Sunday, March 18, 2007

Make and Takes

I was busy making swaps today but I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone so I will have to wait till they get them to be able to show you so instead here (finally) are the make and takes from the Atlanta Regional last weekend. The free set we received is a 9 piece set called "Double-Line Doodles" and I am assuming that it will be in the new catalog though I don't remember them saying anything about it.The frame and the flower are from the new set - I like the frame a lot - simple and cute!





This is a 6x6 page and the scalloped edge is made simply by punching a bunch of circles and adhering them to the back. The flowers are from the new set.



This is an accordion style little card that's 3" x 12" - again very easy to make. The little pocket is made from the mini envelope in the 5 in 1 template with the top flap omitted and a notch cut out.



This is a great way to use up some scraps that we all horde but don't quite know what to do with. The red is actually scraps of grosgrain ribbon and the rest cardstock. It is a 5 1/2" square card and the white part of the card is the part that opens



I think this is my favorite - the top flap of the card actually ends at the green strip and so that blue border at the bottom is actually on the inside of the card.

This is a 12x12 page and I decided to stick some photos in it straight away and use it - kill 2 birds with 1 stone as the saying goes. I love the words that come in this set - "I just love you" (though the "love" in this page is from the Big Deal alphabet). And yes you might recognise the same photo I used before - I am one of those crazy scrappers that is doing a scrapbook for each of her kids as well as a family one..... I know, I know - crazy - but that is what my mum did (photo albums though not scrapbooks) and had she not done that I would have left the country with no photos of my own instead of being able to bring all my albums with me. So I am doing the same for my kids - at least for right now...... Incase you're wondering what my DD is doing - she is standing in front of one of those blue video screens and there is a TV in front of her and you could choose your scenery and act for everyone else to watch you on the TV screen - she is surfing :o)

1 comment:

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

Wow there were a lot!! Doodling is so HUGE hopefully it will be in the IB&C!! Awesome!! Wishing you luck for the upcoming week!! 8-)