Thursday, March 15, 2012
It was spring like weather so we sat outside for dinner.
Because we sat outside for dinner I decided we needed cushions for the chairs.
Because we needed cushions for the chairs I had to go immediately to JoAnn's while the coupon commotion was on.
Because I went to JoAnn's I came home with pillow forms and fabric that needed sewing.
Because I had fabric that needed sewing I put away all other chores and sat down to sew.
Because I sat down to sew we now can sit outside in comfort when it's spring like weather.
Because it is spring like weather we sat outside on comfy cushions to eat dinner :)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
So yesterday, on Valentines Day, I decided what I REALLY needed to do was....not the chores, not the laundry, not plan dinner, but make these
One for each of the girls. I had no real plan for their purpose, just thought they were cute. Warning though... they are VERY addictive. So quick and easy to make that you just want to keep making them. Thankfully the girls loved them and wore them as necklaces. And so far I've limited myself only to making 4..... anyone else want one?
Hope your Valentines Day (and every day) was filled with love.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
- still happy sewing things - swaps on swap-bot, projects for friends, and projects for me
- enjoying baking - lots of lunchbox-able snacks, ALL of our bread (including this and this recipe) - yes haven't bought bread in nearly a month!!! Trying out lots of new recipes found via Pintrest and expanding my recipe box.
- Realizing that cooking more takes planning and trying to get better at that
- realizing how addicted I can get to the computer - checking emails, facebook, google reader, playing games.....trying to limit that
- still working on my OLW and trying to consciously live it every day
- trying to be content with the baby steps I am making rather than disappointed at not reaching the goals.
- saddened by the trials that friends are being but through and trying to be, in turn, grateful for the small blessings we receive every day
- all in all thinking that 2012 if starting off to be a good year!