Thursday, April 26, 2007

Something's missing.....

I saw Linda's doodle card and wanted to try that idea, then I was at Starbucks (big surprise...) and they are selling cards for Mother's day and I got my color inspiration from there and this is how the combined ideas turned out


I like the colors and I still like the idea...... just not sure that I like the card. To me it looks incomplete or like it needs something. Hubby says it's good the way it is and since stamp camp is tomorrow morning at 9am and it's 9pm now and I don't have anything else I'm going with it. Still think it needs something else - I will have to play with the idea some more when I get a chance - any suggestions? The colors are all done with sponge daubers and I used the Double Line Doodles stamp set we got at SU Regional which will be in the new 2007-08 catalog.

This will be my last stamp camp until August and I will be looking forward to the break but also I am looking forward to some new stamp sets and new colors - don't know about you but seems like I am using the same old sets over and over again.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I like it and I'm glad I could give you some inspiration.

Maybe add a button on top of the ribbon knot? Or tie another scrap of ribbon around it???

I have to dig out that doodle set we got at regionals - I wasn't a big fan of it last fall but know that doodling is in it's growing on me! ha!

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

I don't know if it needs anything else. But you know I'm no expert. Sometimes more is too much! I like it!! Awesome hmmmm will have to come up something myself maybe, what you think??

Deanne Clarke said...

Your card is beautiful!!!! Great blog!!!


Deanne
sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com
Sisterhood...celebration of the he{ART}

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog (thanks to the link on your blog to mine!) I LOVE it! Your work is beautiful and I really like this card! Thanks for sharing!!! Heather

Soguesswhat11 said...

I think it looks good, too... but maybe even a bit of sparkle somewhere on the "hello"? Or maybe some metallic cord mixed in with the ribbon....

But overall, seriously, I don't think you'd get complaints from anyone who got it the way it is.

You rock! :)