Thursday, February 8, 2007

Haunted by color

It must have been a message from the color gods or something but for several days everywhere I looked I saw this color combination - first in my Simple Scrapbook Magazine they were inspired by some Target napkins with the color combo, then at my DD's school one of her friends was wearing the combo, and then last but not least the mighty Prince was wearing it at the SuperBowl! So I finally broke down and tried it myself and here is what I came up with....


The colors I used were chocolate chip, Pumpkin Pie and Cool Carribean. I like it - think I'll have to play with it some more.

Been at DD's school the last 2 days, plus I was there Monday - I like to go because you get those little chats with the teachers that you don't get if you just wait for parent/teacher conferences, but still 3 days at school this week is enough for me - I need some ME time or I just go plain nutty and then no one is happy.

I am VERY excited - we have a girls scrapping weekend planned and booked at the CK convention in Nashville in May - WOOHOO!! I HAVE to get caught up with my scrapping before we go home in May for my DS wedding and I have another 400 photos to scrap. Both girls are going to be flowersgirls. My younger DD says "I have always dreamed about being a flowergirl" and talks of nothing else. It's going to be a looooong time till July for her! This weekend we start the search for dresses - wish me luck!

2 comments:

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

Love It!! Who would have thought?? Must be the chocolate that's what really is setting off the colors. Remember it's all about the chocolate!! Awesome work as always!!

Jana Weaver said...

This card is beautiful. I NEVER would have thought of that color combo, but the Cool Caribbean is just the right touch of light/briht to set off the chocolate and pumpkin. Hmmmmm. Chocolate and pumpkin while sitting in the Caribbean. Sounds pretty good doesn't it??

Thanks for sharing Yvette!!