Friday, August 3, 2007

Comfort in a cruel world

So after all the many many good meals in AU, not to mention the winter weather which just makes you live on lovely hot lattes, and not exercising for 2 months I was bound and determined that I was going to join Curves when I got back. My mum, 2 of my sisters and several of my friends all belong to Curves and all enjoy it and have had good success with it. So today was the day - I go over and sign up, and of course they take all your measurements - I was quite pleased that actually I hadn't gained any weight at all over the summer - and lastly they work out your BMI (body mass index)..................... well, it turns out I register at the "we can't believe you are still alive" end of the scale!!! What?!?!?!? Come on! I know I can stand to lose a few pounds and I am a few sizes larger than when I got married but seriously! Way to pop that feel good about yourself bubble. Not only that - they asked if they could take "before" and "after" photos!! Well needless to say after that was over I took the kids over to Baskin Robbins to console myself with a big scoop of chocolate almond ice cream - my source of comfort in this cruel cruel world!

No comments: