Sunday, September 16, 2007

I survived!

Yes you will be happy to know that I survived my DD's slumber party and 3 day long birthday bash. It was actually quite a lot of fun. I had purchased plain white pillow cases and sewed different ribbons on the edges and written "friends forever" on them. When they arrived they picked their pillowslip and colored and drew and decorated them with fabric markers and then signed each others. That took them about an hour - they put a lot of work into them and were all very proud of them . Then it was pizza, presents, a game of twister and a movie and they were asleep by midnight. All in all a huge success. Now maybe I can get back to regular life!

I am way behind with my sister swap this month - this is one of the cards I made tonight to try and catch up.


The challenge was to use chipboard - the ribbon slide is a chipboard piece covered with the designer paper. I cased a Christmas card that I made earlier today. I have a Christmas workshop next weekend so I need to get into the holiday mindset. Sadly Christmas will be here before we know it!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Yvette! I like the chipboard piece on it. Glad to hear you survived the slumber party - sounds like fun was had by all!

Huggs,
Jana