Sunday, November 4, 2007

The party

It's done! It's over! It was a hit! Now maybe I can take a breath and focus on something else.......

The cake - I made cupcakes for the guests and the official birthday cake I made to look like a big cup of hot chocolate (which is what half of them opted to drink at the tea party) topped with cool whip and sprinkles.


The table was set with as much pink and white as I could come up with - including the food - marshmallows, pink M&M's, frosted animal crackers, jam sandwiches, strawberries, powdered mini doughnuts (yes they went home fully sugar loaded).


And each girl had a place card to show them where to sit.


As they came in we colored a tea set picture I found online, then decorated straw hats with flowers and ribbons, ate and drank and ate some more, played pass the parcel, played twister and ended up with a game of tag in the front yard while waiting for the parents to arrive. The girls had such a blast trying to act "proper" at the table - holding the pinkie fingers up while they drank and reminding each other "we're ladies, not men"! (where that came from I don't know).

But now I am glad it is over for another year and I can have a few days of peace...... at least before the Christmas frenzy begins - ugh!

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your table looks awesome

Jana Weaver said...

All I can say is WOW! You are quite the super-mom!!! Everything looks adorable, and I LOVE the goodie bags with "tea" bags that you made. SO creative!!!

Glad you had fun, now relax a little before you start going insane for Christmas!

Huggs,
Jana

Melissa Goodsell said...

WOW wow - how fabulous does the table look...so pretty and so pink, I really love it.
Melx