Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fireworks and other happenings

4th July is one of our favorite holidays around here - it's the one time of the year when we get together with our neighbors and just sit back and have fun. The kids are all running around together being kids, there are tasty summer dessert treats, neighbors getting to have whole conversations instead of the quick "hi" over the fence, and generally it embodies for me the tastes and sights of summer.



Hope yours was great too!

I received my place mat swap from Erika


aren't they bright happy colors? Perfect for my lovely new deck set!

One of the other swappers showed me that she had used the same fabric I did - and she even used ric rac on the edges too! It's funny how great minds think alike :o) I have had so much fun with these swaps. Through her blog I found a pretty jewelry giveaway - so hop over and you could win some new earrings!
I have been doing lots of sewing - working on yet another quilt. I don't have photos yet but I will post them when I do. Enjoy these summer days!

No comments: