Monday, January 16, 2012

Moving forward in the new year

NYC was non stop action but great fun

Rockefeller Center

  • Now that I've finally caught up on the laundry, housekeeping, grocery...etc etc I am trying to purposely move forward with my OLW Trying to DO something every day that moves me towards my goals. But also trying to accept that it's ok NOT to DO something all the time - and that's hard for me!
  • If you haven't already found Pinterest (where have you been???) it's a great source of inspiration for everything - recipes, decorating, fashion, crafts, teachers gifts - EVERYTHING! But beware - it will eat up hours of your day! I need to set a timer to limit my time on there..... (if you need an invite let me know)
  • Trying to feed my family better things this year - adding more whole grains, fruit & veggies into our diet - both hidden and obvious. (You can add shredded zucchini to just about anything without anyone noticing :) ) White wheat flour is great to add into all baking. Using my bread machine on an almost daily basis - it's so easy to have homemade bread every day!
  • Loving our stash of frozen home grown vegetable I'm pulling out of the freezer and actually ordered seed catalogs to plan our garden this year - knowing what worked from last year and what didn't - tomatoes, zucchini, crocked neck squash, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, beans and peas yes - corn, eggplant, peppers potatoes and carrots haven't had much luck with....
  • Have BIG plans for sewing this year.......I hope I can keep up with them...maybe some short terms goals to help?
  • excited about the Pay It Forward 2012 I am doing this year - did it 2 years ago and love it!
Hope you're 2012 is off to a great start too!

No comments: