Sunday, February 4, 2007

Assembly line production

That's what I have been doing for the last 2 days - assembly line production. Not my most favorite type of stamping but sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do. First it was 50 thank you cards for the librarian at school to give to all the volunteers that help out in the library.



I specifically designed a simple card with not too much stamping involved - believe me I have made THAT mistake before.

Next came the valentine goodie bags for my older DD's girl scout troop - they are having their Valentines meeting tomorrow.



There was only 8 of them so it wasn't too bad. They are filled with little bags of Hershey Kisses. My older DD likes me to make stuff for all her friends and she always helps me to pick out the paper and the design. The ribbon was from the $1 spot at Michaels. To make those little notched corners that popular at the moment you don't need a fancy punch (though SU has one..) all you need is a 1/4" hole punch.


My younger DD doesn't like me to make stuff for her classmates - for her teacher that's okay - but for the class she wants to be just the same as everyone else - so she's handing out Valentines bags of gummy hearts.

Big news last night - my DS is officially engaged!!! (Finally.... love ya Tash!) That means we will be flying home for the big day - probably leaving end of May and coming home end of July. She is a SU demonstrator too so we will get to do lots of stamping together (I hope). There are 4 of us girls so we always try to plan one big girls only shopping/eating/hanging out day together. I miss my sisters and I am so looking forward to being home with them for a while again. :o)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I LOVE your blog and GREAT samples!! You've been a busy stamper!!! Hugs!