Monday, February 5, 2007

Pastel Chalk background

Here is a sample card using the chalk background I told you about in my newsletter.



I don't know if you can tell from the scan but the background white cardstock I rubbed with cameo coral and close to cocoa chalks compared to the small square with the sentiment that I left white. It gives a subtle coloring without much work. Here are some tips to consider before trying this at home.

Tip No. 1 - before you rub your pink chalk on the white cardstock you might want to check that it doesn't have any other colored chalk pieces sticking to it - like bright blue for example...... that can really mess up the effect that you were going for.

Tip No. 2 - after you rub the chalks on the cardstock then blend them with your fingers to achieve the subtle look you were going for.

Tip No. 3 - after you blend the chalks with your fingers there will be chalk on your fingers so before you say... wipe your hand across your face or clothing ... you might want to wash your hands first.

Tip No. 4 - after doing this technique and BEFORE you walk out the door to pick your DD up from school you should glance in the mirror to be sure that there is no chalk on your face or any other potentially embarrassing places on your clothing ..... ask me how I know these things .......... go ahead - ask!


On to other things.... I made this mailbox for my friend Melissa the other day but didn't want to post it and spoil the suprise, but now that she has it I can show the rest of you.

It was of course filled with chocolate. You can check out her blog to see all the stuff that was inside.

With the freezing temps I am off to find a warm blanket, some hot chocolate and a good book and curl up next to my DH for tonight. Keep warm!

No comments: