Monday, May 19, 2008

Are we there yet??

Just a few more days and the school year is officially over - I can't wait!!! I dream of just one day that we don't have to stick to a time table. Of course by the end of summer you know I won't be able to wait till the kids go back to school but right now I am looking forward to the break. I worked last Thurs - Sat and was at school all day today so haven't gotten much crafting done but I did make 2 of these cards to put the soccer coaches gift certificates in


Red and black is our favorite of the 2 uniforms the girls wear (the other is the yellow) so I just made it match the uniform and used a retired SU set.

I also received yet another RAK


This one is from Nancy and I had to keep it from my youngest DD at least long enough to scan it. Now she has it in her possession and she is busy thinking of creative ways to recycle the cat image. I was checking out Nancy's blog and she has a lot of good ideas for using patterned paper - great ideas! I plan on CASEing them for a card class I am teaching later this summer at the store - so thanks Nancy!
Lastly our diva group met last week and we received our plates back that we painted last month. I was so happy with how my plate turned out - the colors came out so bright and happy.



Right now it is sitting by my front door collecting my keys, sunglasses and spare change and it makes me smile every morning as I walk out the door :o)
And lastly my challenge piece



I knew even before I had left Cheri's house that it was going to be some sort of book - I wasn't quite sure how it was going to come together.... but I ended up modgepodging the napkin onto some chipboard and spraying some Glimmer Mist on it and then spraying some antiquing ink on just about everything else to give it that aged look. It was fun! I am enjoying making these pieces for no other reason other than just making it. You can see all the other pieces over on the blog

Okay that's it for now. I'll try to write again soon!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You're very welcome Yvette!!!