Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another quilt

True to form - me who can never say "no" to anyone - agreed to make a quilt for my friend to give to her daughter as a going away to college gift. It seemed like a great idea at the time and I had months to work on it........ needless to say a million things came up during those months (namely life!) and I was pushing it to the very last minute to get it done. You think one day I would learn! Anyway I finished it today (she leaves for college Thursday) and I am pretty pleased with the end result. I hope she and her mom like it too.




Her mom embroidered her name and various words in the framed rectangle




and in that framed piece you can see the pink lace and the blue lace fabrics which are actually pieces from her baby dresses that I cut up to use




So she has a little piece of home to take with her on the next phase of her life.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

It is beautiful!! Great job!!!! Very inspirational - Now, if only I could get to my sewing machine and use all of the girls dresses and fabric I have collected over the years!!

Melissa's Stampin' Spot said...

WOW true to form you always amaze me with your skills... Love it!