Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting back.....

It's taken me a while but I am finally starting to feel like I am getting back on top of things. Going home was one of those bitter sweet things - LOVED being there but missed my kids and DH and now I am glad to be home but of course miss terribly being with my sisters. Everyone has been asking for photos of my new niece but truthfully I spent so much time doing this


that I hardly took any at all! I just don't think anything beats the feeling of that new tiny baby sleeping in your arms and since the next time I see her she'll probably be walking and have no idea who I am I wanted to make the most of it. Here is one good one that I got though



How I miss that sweet little face!
I did manage to sew a diaper bag with changing pad while I was there


and took advantage of the plummet of the AU$ against the US$ to do a little shopping. :o)

When I got back home fall was in the air - I love this time of year! We went to a local farm for the yearly hay ride, corn maze (we even made it through this year!) and of course picking of the pumpkins


We haven't carved them yet but I kind of like them sitting there all round and plump on the front porch. This weekend is the b'day party for my younger DD who has opted for a Build-a-bear party with everyone coming in their Halloween costumes. At least this one doesn't involve a lot of work from me. In contrast to my older DD she has decided to be a snow princess for Halloween so we'll have one dressed in black and one in white. This week was fall break for us and I was glad for the opportunity to sleep in to get my body readjusted to which side of the world it was on! Next week it's back to the madness again.

No comments: