Tuesday, June 1, 2010

At the beach.......

We try every year - or at least every other year - to get to the beach.


The beach is one of the things I really do miss about living in Australia. We lived just an hour from the beaches in Sydney. My grandparents lived for many many years just 5 minutes from the beach. Our youth group went on many beach trips - both day trips and camping ones. The Australian beaches are clean bright yellow sand and blue, blue water. When I moved to Washington State we had to drive to San Francisco to see the kind of beaches I was used to. Then we moved to Knoxville........ thankfully a friend at work told us if we wanted beaches we had to go to Grayton Beach outside of Destin. We did - and have gone there (or one of the beaches close by) ever since.
I LOVE the beach!

No comments: